Before we jump into the Memotenz review, let’s begin with a simple experiment to get you thinking.
Randomly select a few people who are at stages of life, let’s say, students in their late teens or early 20s, professionals in their late 20’s or early 30’s, and entrepreneurs in their 40’s.
Treat them to a hypothetical question.
Imagine a genie suddenly appearing before you to grant one wish.
You are to choose from three cognitive faculties – photographic memory, creativity, and spatial reasoning.
I bet more than 90% of the respondents would pick the photographic memory.
This makes sense, as most people will go to great lengths to achieve photographic memory, which is considered by many as the most important cognitive faculty.
Using brain enhancing supplement to deliver memory and other crucial faculties isn’t as easy as it sounds.
Scientists and psychologists are for centuries trying to decode the memory puzzle and formulate a recipe for solid memory.
Some brain supplement brands research for decades, invest millions and use the best scientific minds to produce a formulation that works.
While most brands just mix some known ingredients and use dubious marketing techniques to scam people.
Today, you’ll learn whether Memotenz is the real deal or just another scam.
The creators of Memotenz – Health Research Institute – claim their supplement to be one hundred percent natural.
They claim, Memotenz to be a perfect blend of independently researched ingredients comprising amino acids, herbs, vitamins, and minerals.
Accordingly, to the manufacturers, Memotenz boasts of nutrients that can significantly “improve every aspect of the brain.”
Memotenz is for everyone, regardless of age.
As you age, the need to improve various cognitive faculties tends to increase. The makers of this supplement seem to feel that way.
They are equally worried about the side effects linked with prescription drugs.
As a solution, they created the brain enhancing formulation Memotenz.
The supplement will improve both short-term and long-term memory, increase alertness, boost energy, increase concentration, and increase the overall cognitive performance.
Importantly, Memotenz is designed to deliver all these benefits without causing any side effects to the users.
Apart from the usual routine for good health, like regular exercise and healthy diet, users are only required to take Memotenz as recommended by the manufacturers.
Every day, take one or two Memotenz capsules with food.
You can have both capsules in the morning or split the dose of two and take the first in the morning with food and the other in the evening.
Another interesting claim made by the makers about Memotenz is the absence of tolerance.
The producers say, with regular use, the benefits will only increase, and not the other way round.
Furthermore, unlike other brain supplements, you won’t have trouble sleeping at night.
Several recent research studies have found that many factors including alcoholism, sedentary lifestyle, head trauma, cognitive diseases, and even side effects of medication can advance the onset of dementia, Alzheimer’s, etc.
Do not wait until it’s too late to find a treatment for the age-related cognitive disease.
The prudent solution is to maintain optimal performance by taking Memotenz as a daily brain-boosting supplement.
So, what are the ingredients in Memotenz capable of delivering the above-mentioned benefits? Let’s take a closer look at the ingredients.
Memotenz’s ingredient list can be divided into two categories: Ginkgo Biloba and the proprietary blend.
Memotenz contains 50mg of Ginkgo Biloba Extract and the proprietary mix accounts of 727mg of the capsule.
The blend is made of St. John’s Wort, Phosphatidylserine, Glutamine, Acetyl-L-Carnitine, DMAE, Bacopa Monnieri.
Ginkgoxine (Ginkgo Biloba Extract) 50mg
You’ll find Ginkgo Biloba mentioned in a 3000-year-old Chinese text and some experts believe the history of this herb dates back some 270 million years.
Ginkgo Biloba helps the body and mind in several ways, some of it’s uses a are mentioned below.
- Neuroprotectant and Ginko: This ingredient protects the neurons and the brain by increasing nitric oxide and eliminating free radicals to reduce the damage caused by oxidative stress.
- Cerebral Circulation and Ginko: By increasing nitric oxide, Ginkgo Biloba increases cerebral circulation and helps in easy transportation of oxygen and glucose.
- Neurotransmitters and Ginko: This ingredient is an MAOI (monoamine oxidase inhibitor). Ginkgo Biloba boosts dopamine levels by reducing the levels of an enzyme that breaks down the neurotransmitter.
Ginkgo Biloba Benefits: Ginkgo Biloba improves memory, learning, recall, and cognition. It influences dopamine to offer several mood benefits. And, by increasing cerebral circulation, the nootropic improves focus, motivation, and reduces stress and anxiety.
St. John’s Wort
St. John’s Wort is an herbal nootropic used for its mood benefits.
This ingredient has a long history of use, dating back to the Greeks.
Since ancient times, this herb has been used to treat stress, anxiety, and depression. Equally popular is its use for healing cuts and burns.
Research studies have also raised hopes for its use for treating viral diseases, bacterial diseases, inflammation, and even cancer.
- Neuroprotection in St.John’s Wort : The aging process affects quite a few organs, including the brain, especially the neurons. Neuroprotective properties in St. John’s Wort help maintain brain health by protecting the brain cells from inflammation, neurotoxicity, and oxidative stress.It improves the functioning of the brain cells by maintaining mitochondria electric potential and increasing neuron longevity by fighting amyloid P peptides that cause cell death and plaque formation.
- Neurotransmitters and St. John’s Wort: The herbal nootropic delivers the mood benefits, we mentioned above, by inhibiting the uptake of several crucial mood-related neurotransmitters.This list includes brain chemicals such as norepinephrine, glutamate, GABA, dopamine, and serotonin.
- Anxiety and St. John’s Wort : Apart from influencing neurotransmitters, the nootropic helps alleviate anxiety by moderating certain genes.These genes are responsible for the functioning of the central stress response system or the HPA axis. By regulating the genes, St. John’s Wort can manage the symptoms of stress and anxiety.
St. John’s Wort’s Benefits: This herbal nootropic helps ease stress and anxiety. Scientific studies have found the nootropic to be effective in treating mild-to-moderate depression. It’s also used in the treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).
It was in 1942 that Phosphatidylserine was first extracted, but only in the 90s, the nootropic became commercially available for use.
For commercial use, PS is extracted from soy lecithin.
Several studies, tests, and trials have established the effectiveness and safety of this nootropic.
The substance is also known to be compatible with other drugs.
Scientists have found both amino acids and fatty acids in the molecules of Phosphatidylserine.
Moreover, the substance also contains the two most important types of fatty acids – Omega 3 and Omega 6.
- Glucose Metabolism and Phosphatidylserine : This nootropic helps the brain in several ways. After entering the central nervous system, PS supports the brain in glucose metabolism, after which the substance binds with several brain chemicals.
- Neurotransmitters and Phosphatidylserine : The neurotransmitter acetylcholine has a profound influence on memory, focus, reasoning, and many other faculties. PS promotes these cognitive abilities by boosting acetylcholine activity in the brain. Furthermore, the supplement also increases acetylcholine by increasing choline levels. Phosphatidylserine also stimulates dopamine production.
- Neurons and Phosphatidylserine : The nootropic adds synapses, thus boosting the efficiency and quality of neural communication. In addition, it improves the functioning of brain cells by easing the flow of nutrients into it and removing the waste out.
Phosphatidylserine Benefits: All major cognitive processes are improved by Phosphatidylserine. It aids memory storage and memory recalls; increases learning capability, boosts attention, attention span, concentration, focus, and mental clarity; and eases anxiety and fights depression.
L-Glutamine is hailed by experts as the most versatile supplement currently available.
Doctors use this supplement as post-surgery healing medication, athletes take L-Glutamine to help maintain and build muscles, and the substance is also taken to improve cognitive performance.
- Brain Fuel and L-Glutamine: Our brains cells need fuel to perform its daily functions and Glutamic Acid happens to be one of the more significant ones. Inside the brain, the glutamic acid binds with ammonia molecules to form L-Glutamine. Low glutamic acid levels can lead to brain damage.
- Neurotransmitters and L-Glutamine : This nootropic stimulates the production of GABA and Glutamate – both crucial neurotransmitters associated with memory, mental clarity, reasoning, and mood. L-Glutamine promotes Glutamate activity and supports inhibitory brain chemical GABA.
L-Glutamine Benefits: As a nootropic, L-Glutamine increases synaptic plasticity, memory formation, and speedy recall. It boosts creativity, verbal fluidity, and reasoning. L-Glutamine influences GABA to alleviate stress and anxiety.
The substance is naturally produced in the body. It’s mainly created in kidney and liver and sent to rest of the body, including the heart and brain.
L-Carnitine is a very useful substance, but it’s not supplemented in its current form. For best results, an acetylated form of Carnitine is recommended to the users.
That’s because ALCAR is highly bioavailable and has more cognitive than physical benefits to offer.
- Energy Metabolism and ALCAR : Mitochondria, the power plants of the cell, are responsible for converting food into energy. ALCAR improves physical and mental energy production by delivering fatty acids to mitochondria and assisting in energy metabolism. ALCAR’s antioxidant properties: ALCAR protects the brain and prevents early onset of age-related cognitive decline by improving neuron health, increasing BDNF levels, and boosting blood circulation in the brain.
- Neurotransmitters and ALCAR : ALCAR along with a choline source can greatly increase acetylcholine levels in the brain.
ALCAR Benefits: By stimulating the production of acetylcholine, ALCAR increases fluid thought, mental alertness, and memory. It fights senile depression, dementia, Alzheimer’s, and other age-related cognitive disorders. The nootropic can also boost athletic performance and bodybuilding.
Bacopa Monnieri or Brahmi (named after the Hindu God Brahma) is a versatile herb used for treating several ailments and also to enhancing cognitive faculties.
Unlike the modern antidepressants, Brahmi prevents the ill effects of stress, instead of just suppressing them.
It can be taken alone, but for best results using it in a stack, like Memotenz, is a better option.
- Stress and Bacopa: The anxiolytic properties of Bacopa moderate certain neurotransmitters that are associated with mood. The herbal nootropic mainly targets serotonin to lessen anxiety and stress.
- Cognition and Bacopa: The antioxidant properties of the herb improve the brain health and ensure proper cognitive functioning. Brahmi is also known to prevent arterial plague that causes stroke, heart attack, and similar disorders.
- Neurotransmitters and Bacopa: Since ancient times, Bacopa extract has been recommended as brain tonic to improve cognition. Bacopa is known to boost memory, focus, and mental clarity.
Bacopa Benefits: By improving neuron communication and increasing levels of vital neurotransmitters, this herb helps memory, focus, and overall cognition. It is also used as an excellent medicine to reduce stress and anxiety.
Dimethylaminoethanol Bitartrate (DMAE)
The substance is not mentioned as one of the ingredients on the product website.
However, the Memotenz label features DMAE.
DMAE is taken to improve mood as well as cognitive faculties. It’s a commonly used nootropic substance, found in most premade brain enhancing stacks.
The substance is produced in our brain and we also derive it from the food we eat. But, supplementing DMAE is an easier and effective option.
- Choline and DMAE: DMAE is so widely used in brain supplements because it’s a choline source. In the brain, the compound prevents choline uptake, thus increasing the levels of choline available for acetylcholine production. Moreover, the nootropic boosts acetylcholine production by stimulating cholinergic receptors.
- Mood and DMAE: This ingredient influences sleep patterns, ensure quality sleep, thereby elevating mood and improving physical and mental energy in the body.
- Neurons and DMAE: DMAE flushes out free radicals and lipofuscin from neurons.
DMAE Benefits: DMAE benefits include better memory, mood, and focus. It aids learning and treats ADHD. It’s also known to fight dementia and cognitive decline.
Who makes Memotenz?
Memotenz, the supplement, is made by a California based beauty and healthcare products Development Company called Health Research Institute.
The company develops products that are unique using only the best and purest ingredients.
Health Research Institute claims to clinically test their products to ensure safety and effectiveness.
Through its products, the company is helping people around the world maximize their efforts and understand their true potential.
Memotenz: How much does it cost and how to buy?
Memotenz – brain supplement – can be purchased only from the product website (http://memotenz-official.com/ ).
The right starter pack for the beginners would be a single bottle of Memotenz that contains a 30-day supply of the supplement.
Day of publishing this review, the cost of 1 bottle containing 30 capsules is around $79.98.
Average cost per serving is comes down to slightly more than $2.50, which is very reasonable as the average per serving price of most brain boosting supplements is pretty close to this rate.
You can purchase the product for a lot less.
If you chance upon limited time offers made available by the sellers, do not miss.
You can save up to 50% of the original price. Yet another way to save big is by purchasing in bulk.
NOTE: 90-day and 150-day supply of the supplement will cost substantially less than purchasing one bottle at a time.
The Memotenz was created by US scientists and manufactured in GMP certified facility in the United States.
Health Research Institute claim to use only the best quality ingredients sourced from reputed suppliers.
Memotenz is absolutely stimulant free. Some brain supplements add loads of stimulants like caffeine to boost alertness and mental energy.
Stimulants are a double-edged sword that can benefit and harm the user.
The ingredients in Memotenz will improve alertness without using caffeine.
In addition, Memotenz is not habit forming or addictive.
The product website also happens to be the best and safest place to buy the Memotenz supplement.
Sellers guarantee a safe and secure shopping experience. The order and checkout system is protected by McAfee and Norton certification.
Manufacturers of Memotenz are promising its customers 100% money back guarantee.
To learn more about the money-back policy and terms and conditions of the policy, the users can call the customer service or send them a mail.
The contact details along with the address of the manufacturer are given on the Contact Us page.
Our Verdict: What we think about the Memotenz supplement
A product can be judged by measuring honesty, transparency, and trustworthiness.
How do the supplement and its maker fare with regard to these three parameters?
On the product website, it’s mentioned that the supplement is a unique formula.
Here the manufacturers are not honest with its customers, because, the Memotenz formula isn’t unique.
A few other brain supplements including Superior Brain and NeuroEnhance use the same exact formula.
This looks bad and we have not even begun our discussion on the effectiveness of the supplement and the marketing techniques used by the company.
Some experts advise against proprietary blends, and there is a good reason to do so. Memotenz has only 7 ingredients.
As you can gather from the ‘Ingredients’ section of this review, the supplement has 50mg of Ginkgo Biloba and the rest is made of a proprietary blend of six ingredients that add up to 727mg.
Also recall the recommended daily dose of Memotenz is just one capsule.
Hence, the question that pops up in mind is – have the makers of Memotenz added enough of each ingredient for the supplement to be effective?
The makers of Memotenz seem to be not very transparent with their formula.
Health Research Institute – the company that manufactures the Memotenz supplement has a separate website.
But, you won’t find any useful information about the company or their products.
It’s just a single page website carrying images of doctors and no more than two paragraphs about the company.
The product website is no better. You’ll find images of doctors and customers; there are a few testimonials, but they look phony.
Furthermore, the makers do not share any clinical test reports about the product or reports of independent studies of the ingredients.
It’s hard to trust and back Memotenz based on the information given on the product website.
Memotenz is made of all natural ingredients and the makers are offering 100% money back guarantee. The good news ends here.
The supplement contains an acceptable ingredients list, which is actually copied.
Manufacturers of Memotenz are unwilling to reveal the exact dose of each ingredient and are hiding behind the proprietary blend formula.
Memotenz’s website is devoid of any useful content and nothing significant is known about Health Research Institute.
Finally, the biggest drawback is the fake reviews and testimonials on and off the product website.
This is our opinion, but you’re free to purchase Memotenz if you feel this is the right formula for you.
We recommend you to invest in Memotenz only if you have money to burn.
Overall Memotenz Rating: 60%